Infant Toddler Development Training
Module 2, Lesson 1
1. According to McWilliam and Scott (2001), ecomaps may be useful tools for:
a. relationship-building during the transition process
b. problem-solving during first contacts
c. building rapport during first contacts
d. problem-solving during the transition process
2. Think of a flock of geese as a system. The story says that 'by flying in 'V' formation, the whole flock adds at least 71 percent greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own.. ' Which principle of systems theory does this illustrate?
3. 'Enablement' occurs when early intervention professionals
a. Help families become more independent and self-sufficient
b. Meet all of the family's emotional needs
c. Inadvertently encourage dependent behavior in family members
d. None of the above
4. Team A is a multidisciplinary team consisting of a speech/language pathologist, an occupational therapist and an ITDS. Team B is an interdisciplinary team consisting of a psychologist, an ITDS, a nurse and a speech/language pathologist. Which of the following characteristics distinguishes Team A from Team B?
a. There can be no more than 3 members on Team A, while Team B can have an unlimited number of members.
b. Members of Team A do not typically share assessment results with one another
c. Team A conducts arena assessments, while members of Team B conduct separate, independent assessments.
d. Members of Team B do not typically share assessment results with one another
5. The nucleus of the team that will participate in writing the IFSP begins to form at this stage:
b. First Contacts
c. Evaluation and Assessment
d. Service Delivery
previous | next