Infant Toddler Development Training Module 3, Lesson 1
1. Ms. Phono (the speech/language pathologist); Mr. Otee (the occupational therapist); Ms. Early (the Infant Toddler Developmental Specialist [ITDS]) and Mrs. Ruiz (Jose's mother) are spending part of a morning at the Ruiz house observing Ms. Early interacting with Jose who is two years old. They are watching Ms. Early as she plays with Jose on the floor with his toys while she administers the Assessment, Evaluation and Programming System for Infants and Children (AEPS). Ms. Ruiz says that it is time for Jose's snack. Ms. Ruiz places Jose in the high chair. Ms Early talks to Jose while she gives him a graham cracker and sits and talks with him while he is eating. Ms. Phono asks Ms. Ruiz to ask Jose what he is eating. The team members make notes while Ms. Early is feeding him the graham cracker and talking with Jose. This is an example of:
2. Mr. Chin is preparing to evaluate Jen in order to determine eligibility for Early Steps. He should select which of the following instruments?
3. Whenever possible, the family assessment should be conducted
4. In order to be eligible for Early Steps services, an infant or toddler must have an established condition or
5. Ms. Aponte is assigned to have the First Contacts with the family as the service coordinator. She should perform a(n)