Infant Toddler Development Training
Module 4, Lesson 5
1. As an ITDS you are working with mom and 2 ½ year old Oki who is beginning to build with blocks. When Oki builds a small structure, he wants mom to 'come see'. In your coaching and modeling with mom, you may want to encourage mom to use the following response to Oki's creation.
a. What is it?
b. That looks like a tower (or whatever it looks like) to me.
c. Tell me about what you made.
d. I like the colors of your blocks
2. Bruns and Fowler (2001) suggest that there are several critical factors in meeting the needs of young children with disabilities and their families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Which one of the following is not a factor:
a. Community context
d. Child concerns
3. Floor time is a term used to help children with special needs and includes:
a. adult directed play
b. child directed play
c. an abundance of toys
d. only carpeted flooring
4. Recreating a scene or verbalizing an event that happened in the past and includes mental sequencing is an example of which critical cognitive skill?
b. Object Permanence
c. Deferred Imitation
d. Trial and Error Exploration
5. In the 2001 article, Transition is more than a change in services: The need for a multicultural perspective, Bruns and Fowler state that during the preparation for transition, all except which of the following considerations are important:
a. Providing information and experiences related to the new placement
b. Re-teaching the skills and routines the child learned in the toddler environment
c. Providing families with information regarding preschool classrooms in the district
d. Having the toddler visit the program prior to the entrance to reduce anxiety
previous | next