Infant Toddler Development Training Module 5, Lesson 2
1. A study by Blue-Banning, Summers, Frankland, Nelson, and Beegle (2004) looked at family/professional partnerships for collaboration in early intervention. The authors examined indicators of professional behavior which facilitated collaboration with families. They identified six indicators as crucial for collaboration. Which of the following groups include the six indicators?
2. When we use critical communication skills, we convey concern and an attempt to understand the other person. It is a building block of collaborating and trust-building. Some important components of communication for collaboration outlined in this lesson include
3. According to information outlined in this lesson, good communication with families has all the following effects except:
4. What term best describes the process whereby a family communicates information about the child so that an IFSP can be developed?
5. Cultural differences between families and professionals may lead to miscommunication and conflict. According to the material you read in Lesson 2, issues to be aware of include all of the following except: