Infant Toddler Development Training
Module 5, Lesson 5
1. Which of the following is considered an example of a functional outcome?
a. Anna will crawl using a hand/knee pattern for a distance of 2 feet when she is placed in the correct position.
b. Jacob will produce vowel/consonant combinations with 75% accuracy.
c. Jonathan will play with his pop-up toy by himself.
d. James will be able to recognize himself as the cause of an event.
2. Strategies are activities used to accomplish outcomes. They should be what families are already doing. Which of the following strategies would accomplish improving a child's stability while walking?
a. Ben accompanies his parents to the grocery store and helps by pushing the cart.
b. Sally is being pulled in a wagon by her sister down the sidewalk.
c. While sitting in the cart at the supermarket, Beth's mother asks her the names of the different fruits in the basket.
d. Jenny and her family watch a video of children walking in the park.
3. Elena, who has a speech delay, recently moved to Florida from Russia with her parents and grandparents. With the help of an interpreter, which of the following questions would you ask during first contacts with the family?
a. Do the child's parents and grandparents speak only Russian?
b. What area of Russia are the grandparents from?
c. How long has the family been attending their English class at the community center?
d. How many times will the grandparents return to Russia?
4. Families and others help determine strategies. Jeremy, age 33 months, has cerebral palsy. Which would not necessarily be a question to ask Jeremy's family to help determine strategies?
a. What would each of you need in order to accomplish what you want?
b. Does the van you are renting for vacation have a wheelchair lift?
c. Who needs to be involved in getting what you want done?
d. What are some ways of getting to where you want to go?
5. In this lesson you explored several "everyday times" through the Puckett Institute. In the resource titled "Social Butterfly Babies", which of the following developmental areas is/are being promoted in the natural environment?
d. all of the above
previous | next