Module One: Lesson Three
This is the final lesson of Module One. In this lesson, you will learn about the Early Steps system components of Family Involvement, Procedural Safeguards, the Comprehensive System of Personnel Development and Training, and Data and Recordkeeping. You will also have the opportunity to explore family-centered practices in the field of early intervention and clarify how your attitudes and beliefs influence your ability to work with families from diverse cultural backgrounds. The final section in this lesson presents information on the Florida child abuse and neglect reporting procedures. Please read the lesson objectives below and begin the lesson.
Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Recognize the key elements of family-centered care.
- Define "family-centered care" through familiarity with the eight elements of family-centered care.
- Identify strategies for applying family-centered elements in daily practice.
- Locate and identify the federal requirements and state policy for the following Early Steps system components:
- Family Involvement
- Procedural Safeguards
- Comprehensive System of Personnel Development (CSPD) and Training
- Data and Recordkeeping
- State the Florida reporting procedures for child abuse and neglect.