Microbiological Water Sampling
Water Samples can be submitted for analysis in containers provided by the Health Department on the first and third Wednesday of each month (Except for holidays). Samples must be collected and delivered to the Health Department by 10:00 a.m. on sampling day.
If your water supply is provided by a private well, you should have your water tested for bacteria annually. If you are experiencing gastrointestinal illness, a microbiological analysis of your drinking water is recommended.
Samples are shipped overnight to the Pensacola State Laboratory.
Fees (effective December 1, 2008)
Microbiological Analysis: $30.00
The Northwest Florida Water Management District permits the drilling of all wells in Holmes County.
The Holmes County Health Department Environmental Health Section permits Limited Use Public Water System (LUPWS) component construction serving a variety of facilities. Such facilities would include small businesses, family day care providers, small mobile home and R.V. parks, duplexes and triplexes, etc.
- LUPWS's are classified as Community and Commercial.
- Annual permits are issued and annual inspections are conducted at these systems.
- Reviews are made of required bacteriological and chemical analysis for compliance.
- Applications for permits are made at the Holmes County Health Department.
Forms You May Need
Fees (effective May 1, 2008)
Limited Use Well Construction Application $140.00 (Serves as 1st Year Permit)
Limited Use System Annual Operation Permit $140.00
Limited Use System Registration Permit $15.00
An additional charge will be assessed if the Health Department conducts field sampling and/or laboratory analysis.
* These documents are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed it may be downloaded free from Adobe.