Mission: To protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts
- Nassau Home
- Community Events
- Programs We Offer
- Public Information
- Our Locations
- About Us
Clinical Health / Childhood Shots
- A copy of the child’s immunization record
- Parent must accompany the child.
- If parent or guardian is unable to accompany the child another adult may bring the child. The adult must present a written consent from the child's parent or guardian. The written consent must contain:
- current date
- child's name
- child's date of birth
- parent's signature
- parent's contact phone number
- Form must be notarized
We provide childhood immunizations at our Yulee, Fernandina Beach, and Callahan clinic locations. Please call any of our clinical service sites for information on times you can bring your child for immunizations.
The Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program offers vaccines at no cost for eligible children through 18 years of age. Children eligible for VFC vaccine include those without any type of insurance or those on Medicaid. Children with private insurance do not qualify for the VFC program and parents should call their child’s doctor to schedule their child’s immunizations. Find out if your child qualifies for the VFC Program by visiting the VFC website below. Vaccinating on time means healthier children, families and communities.
The Florida Department of Health, Nassau County provides vaccines required for childcare centers and schools.
- DOH Form 680 is available upon request.
- DOH Form 681 must be obtained through an appointment with one of our nurses and approved by an administrator
- 2012-2013 School Entry Immunization Requirements (.pdf - 242 kb)
- Parent Information for health requirements for school enrollment in Florida
- Child & Adolescent Immunization Schedules for persons aged 0-6 years, 7-18 years, and "catch-up schedule"
- CDC Recent Outbreaks and Incidents
- Concerned about Mercury and Vaccines / Autism?
For more information about the Vaccines for Children Program, please visit: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/parents/qa-detailed.html
Our Yulee, Fernandina and Callahan Clinic sites all perform TB screening and skin testing if needed. Skin tests are not performed on Thursdays because of the need to return to have the results read by a nurse within 48-72 hours. The total cost for a TB Screen includes a cost for the TB Skin Test and a cost for the visit. The cost for the TB Skin Test is a flat fee and the visit cost is based on a sliding fee scale.
Please call any of our clinics for information on TB Screening current cost and when you can obtain the screen.