Mission: To protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts
- Nassau Home
- Community Events
- Programs We Offer
- Public Information
- Our Locations
- About Us
Florida Department of Health in Nassau County Disease Control Newsletter EPIGRAM
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
AFTER HOURS LINE
Welcome to the Florida Department of Health in Nassau County, Epidemiology Program.
Our primary responsibility is to monitor communicable diseases listed in Chapter 64D-3 of the Florida Administrative Code and investigate outbreaks. Chapter 381 - Report of diseases of public health significance to the Health Department. Our office consists of a group of highly qualified health personnel who are trained to conduct investigations and surveillance of communicable diseases.
Epidemiology Program staff members are engaged in a wide array of activities, including:
- Surveillance and reporting of communicable diseases and conditions.
- Field investigation of case and outbreak situations.
- Analysis and distribution of public health data via publications, presentations and reports.
- Hepatitis A, B, and C counseling and education
- Lead poisoning prevention services, such as screening, surveillance and case management.
- Perinatal Hepatitis B screening, surveillance and case management.
- Community Outreach Health Education Activities.
The Florida Department of Health (DOH) also has a web site www.floridahealth.gov where you can find more health information, statistics, and a list of county health departments. During a health emergency, the DOH may issue a local, regional, or statewide health advisory. Health advisories can be found on the DOH web site.
After cases are reported to the State Health Office, they are forwarded to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Visite el Web site (CDC)
Reporting Information for Physicians, Laboratories and Hospitals
If you need to report a disease but are not sure if it is a reportable disease or condition, see the list of Reportable Disease/Conditions in Florida.
The Physician/Hospital Report of Communicable Diseases is the form used to report communicable diseases. Please complete the following form and fax or mail it to our office with a copy of the lab report. Practitioner Disease Report form (pdf.)