Mission: To protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts
- Nassau Home
- Community Events
- Programs We Offer
- Public Information
- Our Locations
- About Us
Epidemiology / HIV / AIDS
The HIV/AIDS Program provides intervention and prevention services for Area 4 which includes Nassau, Baker, Clay, St. John’s and Duval Counties. Program staff works cooperatively with local providers, religious organizations and community service agencies to identify and reach as many at risk individuals as possible.
The HIV/AIDS Program is an extensive program that incorporates multiple areas of HIV/AIDS. The Florida Department of Health in Nassau County services include the following:
- Administer HIV testing to persons in Nassau County.
- Link clients to Ryan White care and to general and specialty health services.
- Prevention services to the community including condom distribution and prevention education.
- Surveillance and data collection.
- Provision of ADAP drug prescription program.
- Tailored care designed to meet the individual needs of each person.
- To include comprehensive medical case management services and wrap around care to support optimal health.