It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Farm to Preschool
Contact the Child Care Food Program
force line break in cascade
What is Farm to Preschool?
Farm to Preschool (F2PS) encompasses efforts to serve local or regionally produced foods in early child care and education settings; provide hands-on learning activities such as gardening, farm visits, and culinary activities; and integrate food-related education into the curriculum.
Florida Farm to Preschool for Early Care and Education Providers | Florida Department of Health
Developed by Florida Health's Child Care Food Program, the Florida Department of Children and Families and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, this guide brings the farm to preschool with quick tips on how to teach healthy habits through outside play, school gardens and locally-produced foods.
Go To and Read
What are the benefits of joining the F2PS movement?
- Young children learn where their food comes from
- Increases children’s willingness to try new foods
- Encourages lifelong healthy eating habits
- Promotes physical activity through gardening activities
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention recognizes it as an opportunity to increase access to healthy environments for improved early eating habits and obesity prevention