It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
2017-2021 State Health Improvement Plan
Novel Coronavirus: COVID-19
The Florida Department of Health announces Florida's 2017-2021 State Health Improvement Plan (SHIP). Under the leadership of the State Surgeon General, the Department of Health tasked a diverse group of partners with creating a blueprint for action, culminating in Florida's SHIP. The SHIP sets out goals for Florida's public health system, which includes a range of stakeholders, such as state and local government agencies, health care providers, employers, community groups, universities and schools, non profit organizations and advocacy groups. The department used a collaborative planning process to foster shared ownership and responsibility for the plan's implementation, with the goal of efficient and targeted collective action to improve the health of Floridians.
|View Florida’s State Health Assessment (SHA) Key Findings|
force line break in cascade
- SHIP Steering Committee Partners
- State Health Assessment Infographics
- Priority Area Workgroup Toolkit
- Upcoming Dates
- Agency for Health Care Administration
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- Feeding Florida
- Florida American Indian Health Advisory Council
- Florida Association of Community Health Centers
- Florida Association of Health Planning Agencies, Inc.
- Florida Association of Health Plans, Inc.
- Florida Behavioral Health Association
- Florida Blue
- Florida Chamber Foundation
- Florida Dental Association
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Florida Department of Education
- Florida Department of Elder Affairs
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Department of Juvenile Justice
- Florida Department of Transportation
- Florida Hospital Association
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation
- Florida Institute for Health Innovation
- Florida Philanthropic Network
- Florida State University
- Office of Attorney General
- United Way of Florida
- University of Florida
- VISIT Florida
SHIP Quarterly Reporting Deadlines
Quarter 3 (July - September 2020)
Due date: October 16, 2020
Quarter 4 (October - December 2020)
Due date: January 15, 2021
Quarter 1 (January - March 2021)
Due date: April 22, 2021
SHIP Steering Committee Meetings
Annual Review and Revisions Meeting
Date: October 14, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Please use the following link to register for the meeting: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4953704912131703823.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
SHIP Steering Committee Meeting location