It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Florida State Health Improvement Plan
Now Available: 2021 State Health Assessment Data Book
In support of the 2022-2026 State Health Improvement Planning process, the 2021 State Health Assessment Data Book was created to provide data about Florida’s health status, including data regarding health outcomes, health behaviors, health care access and quality, social and economic characteristics and physical environment. This Data Book will be analyzed by the State Health Assessment Advisory Group as they identify the top health issues in Florida and develop recommended health priorities to be addressed in the 2022-2026 State Health Improvement Plan.
Click here to view the 2021 State Health Assessment Data Book.
Florida's 2022-2026 State Health Improvement Planning Process
The Florida Department of Health, with a diverse group of partners, announces the beginning of the 2021-2026 State Health Improvement Planning process. Through this process, the 2021 State Health Assessment and the 2022-2026 State Health Improvement Plan will be developed. The State Health Assessment and State Health Improvement Plan are essential in identifying key issues that impact the health of all Floridians. The State Health Improvement Planning process is a collaborative and coordinated effort that provides a blueprint to address social determinants of health, health inequities, access to care and the state’s health priorities. The State Health Improvement Plan will guide overarching statewide goals and objectives that organizations can adopt to align their work for targeted collective action to improve the health of Floridians.
Florida's 2017-2021 State Health Improvement Plan
Under the leadership of the State Surgeon General, the Department of Health tasked a diverse group of partners with creating a blueprint for action, culminating in Florida's 2017-2021 State Health Improvement Plan. The plan sets out goals for Florida's public health system, which includes a range of stakeholders, such as state and local government agencies, health care providers, employers, community groups, universities and schools, non profit organizations and advocacy groups. The department used a collaborative planning process to foster shared ownership and responsibility for the plan's implementation, with the goal of efficient and targeted collective action to improve the health of Floridians.
State Health Assessment
Please take this survey to provide feedback about Florida’s 2016-2017 State Health Assessment Key Findings, provide information about how communities are addressing the health issues, and identify additional resources.
State Health Improvement Plan
|View the 2017-2021 Florida State Health Improvement Plan Executive Summary|
|View the 2017-2021 Florida State Health Improvement Plan Goals, Strategies and Objectives|
State Health Improvement Plan Annual Progress Reports
- Steering Committee Partners
- State Health Assessment Infographics
- Priority Area Workgroup Toolkit
- Upcoming Dates and Meeting Minutes
- Executive Office of the Governor
- Feeding Florida
- Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
- Florida Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- Florida A&M University
- Florida American Indian Health Advisory Council
- Florida Association of Community Health Centers
- Florida Association of Health Planning Agencies, Inc.
- Florida Association of Health Plans, Inc.
- Florida Behavioral Health Association
- Florida Blue
- Florida Chamber Foundation
- Florida Dental Association
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Florida Department of Education
- Florida Department of Elder Affairs
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Department of Juvenile Justice
- Florida Department of Transportation
- Florida Hospital Association
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation
- Florida Institute for Health Innovation
- Florida Philanthropic Network
- Florida State University
- Office of Attorney General Ashley Moody
- United Way of Florida
- University of Florida
- VISIT Florida
Quarterly Reporting Deadlines
Quarter 3 (July – September 2021)
Due date: October 15, 2021
Quarter 4 (October – December 2021)
Due date: January 14, 2022
Steering Committee Meetings
Steering Committee Meeting
Date: July 28, 2021
Time: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM ET
2021 State Health Assessment and 2022-2026 State Health Improvement Plan Opening Meeting
Date: April 30, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET
Annual Review and Revisions Meeting – Alzheimer’s Disease & Related Dementias Priority Area
Date: December 9, 2020
Time: 9:00 - 11:00 AM ET
Annual Review and Revisions Meeting
Date: October 14, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET
*For additional information, please contact the Bureau of Community Health Assessment at (850) 245-4009.