It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Priority Area Workgroups
Welcome to the Priority Area Workgroup (PAW) webpage! This page will provide communications and resources related to the State Health Improvement Plan PAWs.
The 2022-2026 State Health Improvement Plan priority health issues are as follows:
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Chronic Diseases and Conditions
- Injury, Safety and Violence
- Maternal and Child Health
- Mental Wellbeing and Substance Abuse Prevention
- Social and Economic Conditions Impacting Health
- Transmissible and Emerging Diseases
The PAWs are the operational arm of the State Health Improvement Plan. Membership is voluntary; workgroups consist of individuals from various sectors and backgrounds and can include anyone with a vested interest in improving health in our state. The members serve throughout the duration of the 2022-2026 State Health Improvement Plan and the PAWs are open to additional interested members at any time.
- Important Dates
Goal Review Meeting
December 2021, Final date and location TBD
PAW General Information Meeting