Infant Toddler Development Training
Module 1, Lesson 2
1. Which is the best definition of a theory?
a. a propositional statement of cause and effect
b. a metaphysical postulate, based on speculation, rather than empirical observation
c. a system of beliefs about something
d. a description of events
2. Which theorist below, is a maturationist?
c. B.F. Skinner
3. Which of the following best describes Erikson's theory of development?
a. Each stage of development is characterized by a struggle between opposite emotional states.
b. Children advance in psychosocial development as parents and significant adults shape their affect and social understandings.
c. Children advance in psychosocial development as they assimilate new social understandings and accommodate to these.
d. Each stage of development leads to a qualitative change in social understanding and competence.
4. Which of the following is not a part of a child's microsystem?
a. a teaching assistant
b. a pediatrician
c. a peer
d. mass media
5. A study finds that infants who are hospitalized for long periods without being able to crawl will "catch up" to their peers in motor development within a few months. This finding supports:
a. a psychodynamic theory
b. a behaviorist theory
c. a maturationist theory
d. a cognitive-development theory
Click 'Next' to review your answers.
previous | next