STOP AIDS: It's Everyone's Business
It is a recognized fact that community business leaders have tremendous influence within their communities. We are asking for your support of our new "STOP AIDS: It's Everyone's Business" statewide Business and Labor Responds to AIDS project. Businesses are essential partners in the response to AIDS, and you can make a huge difference in reducing the stigma and complacency about the need for HIV prevention. You are in a unique position to respond to the HIV/AIDS epidemic because you have relationships with employers, customers, and local business communities. These relationships allow HIV prevention messages to become a part of your communities environment.
STOP AIDS: It's Everyone's Business Brochure
HIV Patient Care and Case Management Services
- Florida Department of Health in Alachua County: Integrates Peers into HIV Care and Treatment
- Confidential/Anonymous testing and counseling
- Housing Options For People With AIDS (HOPWA) providing assistance with housing and utilities
- Primary medical care to the HIV infected person
- Project AIDS Care
- Ryan White Program
- HIV Counseling, Testing and Referral Sites by County
- 313HIV.com - For information on HIV/AIDS services in the fifteen counties that comprise area 3/13, Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Citrus, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Lake, Levy, Marion, Putnam, Sumter, Suwannee and Union.
- Florida Department of Health - Information concerning public health services, announcements, statistics, licenses, permits, emergencies, mothers and children, tobacco, and vaccines. It also has contact information for county health departments throughout the state.
- Bureau of HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis - In this site, you will find a variety of information regarding our many programs, services, functions and publications, as well as other information that may be helpful to you.
- CDC - National Centers for HIV/STD/TB Prevention - Recommendations and guidelines for testing, prevention, and evaluation. General information about HIV/AIDS; statistics; and a frequently asked question list.
- HIV Insite: Gateway to AIDS Information - The University of California at San Francisco sponsors this site. Recent news articles about HIV/AIDS are available as well as basic prevention information including statistics, literature, recommendations, program tools, vaccines, and links to community resources are provided.
- Kaiser Family Foundation HIV/AIDS Report - Daily HIV/AIDS report providing news and information about politics and policy, global challenges, and issues across the nation.
- AIDS Education Global Information System (AEGIS) - Daily list of related news articles and current issues related to AIDS.
- Positively Aware - The Test Positive Aware Network is based in Chicago and offers information about HIV services, a professional directory, and information about subscriptions to Positively Aware.
- POZ - A magazine dedicated to all issues concerning HIV/AIDS, testing, services, support, treatments, medications, political policy, and others.
- Florida's Minority HIV/AIDS Initiatives Bureau of HIV/AIDS - A very comprehensive list of ongoing and/or current initiatives.
- Teen Truth - Teen Truth's ultimate goal is to help teens understand the risks they face, make smart choices and avoid costly consequences and to engage teens, parents and other citizens in an informative dialogue about teen risks.
- We Make The Change - We Make The Change is a site dedicated to stopping the spread of HIV infection by coming together, sharing information and building the foundation for a stronger neighborhood and family. They spread the message: "We are more powerful than the disease."
- AIDS.org Information, Education, Action - The mission of AIDS.org "is to help prevent HIV infections and to improve the lives of those affected by HIV and AIDS by providing education and facilitating the free and open exchange of knowledge at an easy-to-find centralized website."
- HRSA Guide for HIV/AIDS Clinical Care - A manual developed to provide HIV/AIDS clinicians with ready access to practical, current, treatment information so that they may provide quality care to people living with HIV.