We provide both confidential and anonymous HIV testing.
- In confidential testing your name and date of birth will appear on your test and information sheet.
- In anonymous testing a barcode and your date of birth are used as identifiers. Your name is never recorded on any paperwork or test.
There is an optional $20 fee for anonymous HIV testing. You can pay some, none, or all and still be tested.
A trained and qualified staff with many years of experience will provide testing and counseling services to you. We are bilingual in English and Spanish.
How to Test
- You can make an appointment by calling 334-7960. We schedule times on Monday thru Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- We also accept walk-in appointments, however, scheduled clients will be seen first.
- The testing procedure will include pre and post test counseling.
- Results are only given in person.
- Confidential Rapid Test (Clearview) will give results in approximately 15 minutes. (Only available Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm, not during extended hours.)
- Anonymous blood test is sent to a state lab and results come back in 2 weeks from the original appointment date. At the time of your test you will be scheduled a return appointment date to pick up test results.
If a Test is Positive
- Your counselor will discuss options with you. He/she will help you get medical treatment and care by providing eligibility determination information.
- Your counselor will inform you of eligibility determination services for HIV infected individuals, like Ryan White and ADAP (AIDS Drug Assistance Program) and a case manager will be assigned to you if you are eligible.
- Free male/female condoms and lubrication.
- Useful information about STDs, safe sex, and HIV.
- Educational pamphlets and material.