|Be a Preparedness Volunteer with the Charlotte
County Health Department
In Florida, disasters such as
Hurricanes, wildfires and mass-casualty incidents are tragically
familiar. Other threats like terrorism and pandemic flu may lie just
beyond the horizon. When such events occur they threaten to
overwhelm local resources.
Often impossible to avert or prevent, large-scale emergencies
have sharpened our understanding of the health dangers we face.
They’ve made us aware of the importance of emergency preparedness,
and of the need for a volunteer organization of practicing and
retired medical professionals teamed with non-health field lay
citizens ready to fill the gaps in care that arise when disaster
Who can volunteer?
- We welcome people from all backgrounds with a variety of
- Computer or technical skills.
- Organizational and clerical skills.
- Marketing and communications skills.
- Knowledge of foreign languages.
- An energetic commitment to helping others.
- Registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and certified
- Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
- Physicians and dentists.
- Advanced registered nurse practitioners.
- Paramedics and EMT’s
- Anyone who wants to help, including students, business
professionals, retirees and others.