Photo of a girl pouring a glass of milkPort Charlotte: 1100 Loveland Blvd.  941-624-7210  Fax: 941-624-7211
Check pick-up hours: Mon, Tues and Thurs. 8:30 –4:30 and Wed & Fri 8:30 – noon

Eligibility: by appointment

Directions:  The building is on Loveland Blvd. between Peachland and Midway. From Kings Highway turn on Midway and then turn immediately to the right onto Loveland. The building will be on your right. You may also turn off of Kings Highway onto Veterans Blvd. and then make a quick left onto Peachland and left onto Loveland. The building would then be on your left.

Englewood: 6868 San Casa Rd.  941-681-3762  Fax: 941-681-3775
Check pick-up hours: Mon & Tues 8:30 –11:30 and 1:00 – 4:30

Eligibility: by appointment

Directions:  It is on the east side of Englewood, just one block past the Wal-Mart.  You can take Hwy. 41, Cornelius or Biscayne to 776 and go west to San Casa Rd.  Turn left, we are about a mile down the road on the left, in the Health Department at the West Charlotte County Annex, across from the new regional park.


*Please note that the WIC Office is closed the last day of each month while we complete our inventories.

Back to Top                     Nutrition Home


WIC Eligibility

Eligibility is by appointment only, for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have just had a baby and their children up to the age of 5 years old.  There is a family income limit, but working families may qualify.

Note: If you are pregnant, add one to the number of people in your family.

185% of the FFY 2013 Poverty Income Guidelines for 48 Contiguous States, District of Columbia, Guam and Territories
June 1, 2013

Gross Income

 Family Members



Twice Monthly



















































Additional Person






Eligibility is by appointment. 

Call us at any location to make an appointment.

What do you get? Photo of a girl with a bowl of fruit
  • •Special checks to buy healthy foods such as milk, juice, eggs, cheese, cereal, fruit, vegetables, whole grains, beans (legumes) and peanut butter. 
  • •Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy.
  • •Support and information about breastfeeding your baby.
  • •Help in finding health care and other community services.

What do I need to bring?

  • •Identification for everyone that has an appointment.
  • •Proof of where you live or have Medicaid.
  • •Proof of all household income or have Medicaid.
  • •Children’s shot record.
  • •Bring everyone that has an appointment for WIC


Back to Top                     Nutrition Home

Using WIC

Don't leave home without your WIC card!


At the Store:The cashier will use the front of the card for a signature check.  Be sure to have your co-caretaker and proxy sign the front also.


At WIC: We use the numbers on the inside of your card when you call or come in.  We can answer your questions quicker if you have it with you!  If you don’t have the card or if you are not the authorized representative on the card, you must have identification.  Please bring your child's shot record to WIC also!


For You: The calendar on the card tells you when to come back to WIC.  If the month square has a number in it that is the day you come to get checks.  If there is a number and a time and it is highlighted, you have a nutrition appointment, so plan more time to be with us.  Our phone number, hours, and what you need to bring to appointments are all inside.  The dates inside will tell you when recertification (eligibility determination) is due.

Woman paying at grocery store

Where can I use my WIC checks?
•They can be used at all Publix, Save-A-Lot, Sweet Bay, Wal-Mart Super Centers or Winn Dixie.

How do I use my WIC checks?
  • •WIC Checks are like cash – they cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
  • •You can buy only the foods and amounts listed on the front of your WIC check.
  • •The WIC foods booklet tells you specifically which food products you can get.
  • •The WIC ID card must be presented along with the WIC checks. Only those people you assigned at WIC and with a signature on the front of the card may redeem them.
  • •WIC checks may only be used from the “first day to use” through the “last day to use” printed on the checks.
  • •Separate the foods on each WIC check from the other foods you are buying.  The cashier must ring up the food for each check separately.
  • •You are not required to get all the food on a check, but you will not be able to get them after that check is used.
  • •You must sign in the Authorized Signature space AFTER the Pay Exactly box is filled in by the cashier.
Woman at grocery store looking at food
  • What if my child’s doctor changes the formula?

    WIC will need a WIC "Medical Documentation for Formula and Food" to be completed by your child’s doctor, if the formula is something other than the Gerber Goodstart family of formulas.  You may get this form from your doctor or us.  Also, you or your doctor may download this form from www.floridawic.org.

    - This ENTIRE form needs to be completed, including a valid medical diagnosis and also the number of months the formula is requested for (the maximum is 6 months).

    - If the request form is approved, checks and/or unopened cans of formula that you have, will need to be returned to WIC in exchange for the requested formula.

    - Please remember that if your infant is in need of a special formula, he/she may need to be more closely monitored by WIC, and may need more frequent appointments.

Back to Top                     Nutrition Home

Moving With WIC

What to bring to transfer within Florida:

  • Identification for everyone that gets WIC and is transferring
  • •Your WIC Identification/Appointment card, if you have it
  • •Shot records for your children, if you have them
You must be currently certified and due for checks (Florida WIC checks may be used at authorized stores anywhere in the state)



New York license plate
Down arrow
Florida license plate
What to bring to transfer from another state:
  • •Identification for everyone that gets WIC and is transferring.
  • •Proof of where you live now.
  • •Shot records for children, if you have them.
  • •Any WIC checks you have from the other state. You cannot get checks from more than one state for the same time period.
  • •Your WIC Identification/Transfer card, from your last WIC Program.  If you don’t have this you should call that agency and ask them to fax your “Verification of Certification” to us. Or if they need they can fax their release form to us and you can complete it at our office.  Once we get the documentation of your certification, we can complete your transfer and issue your checks.

    Back to Top                     Nutrition Home


Community Resources


The programs and links below are specific resources in our community.  They will all have their own eligibility guidelines.  We hope that you will find some of them helpful.

Provided to supplement earnings. The TCA program helps with job search, preparation, training and vocational education and support services, such as subsidized childcare.
Contact them at ACCESS Florida
1-866-7-ACCESS or 1-866-762-2237
- Apply on-line or by phone
On-line: www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/ 

CHARLOTTE COUNTY www.charlottecountyfl.com  contact information for many local services like:

  • CHARLOTTE COUNTY SOCIAL SERVICES RESOURCE HELPLINE Dial 211 or for Cell phone, TTY users, and Englewood residents: (941) 205-2161
  • DIAL A RIDE  (941) 575-4000
    Offers family support programs and services such as Parenting Classes, After School Programs, Family Resource Center, and many others. 21450 Gibralter Drive, Port Charlotte, FL 33952 (941) 235-0159


HEALTHY START PROGRAM Coordinates services and provides referrals for pregnant women and babies. www.charlottecountyhealthystart.com  or call (941) 255-8872

Assistance with pregnancy needs, clothing, cribs, diapers, etc. (941) 625-5576

SOLVE MATERNITY HOMES Provides homes for pregnant women  call 941-475-7408

FOR THE LOVE OF KIDS  Help with food, clothing, diapers, etc. (941) 626-4345

The Early Learning Coalition administers this program to help parents find daycares that are right for their circumstances. They also help with daycare costs with a scholarship program.  To see if you qualify, call (941) 255-1650.

They help find missing parents for child support. This office is located at 1777 Tamiami Trail, Suite 5000, Port Charlotte, FL 33948 (M & I Bank – Murdock). 1-800-622-KIDS

A voluntary home visiting program for expecting and new parents. Parenting support and encouragement to parents in achieving personal and family goals. (941) 629-6477

FLORIDA KIDCARE Affordable health insurance for children. 1-888-540-5437

CHILDHOOD IMMUNIZATIONS (at no cost to you) at the Health Department:
Port Charlotte:
1100 Loveland Boulevard (941) 624-7200
6868 San Casa Rd. (941) 624-7200

Support for grandparents meets 3rd Tuesday of month 941-698-1943.

WIC Stuff - Sesame Street Characters with Fruit

Back to Top                     Nutrition Home


For information after business hours please call 941-624-7200.

Department of Health Mission: To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.

CCHD Employee Links   About CCHD    © Copyright 2007 State Of Florida     Privacy Statement     Disclaimer