Immunizations | Sexually Transmitted Diseases - HIV/AIDS | Sick & Wellness Check Ups | Wound Care | Referrals | Insurance | My GULF Care | Quick Clinic
Clinical Services - Sexually Transmitted Diseases HIV/AIDS
Testing and treatment is provided to protect sex partners and unborn children from the serious effects that may result from untreated syphilis, gonorrhea and other sexually transmitted diseases. Services and in formation are confidential.
The Florida Department of Health in Gulf County provides STD testing, treatment and education. These services are provided on a sliding fee scale determined by income and is strictly confidential.
Did You Know?
- STDs affect people of all races, ages, and sexual orientations.
- CDC estimates that there are 19 million new infections every year in the United States.
- STDs cost the U.S. health care system $17 billion every year and cost individuals even more.
- Less than half of people who should be screened receive recommended STD screening services.
- Each year, untreated STDs cause at least 24,000 women in the U.S. to become infertile.
The Florida Department of Health's 3T's to Prevent the Spread of STDs.
Talk: Talk to your partner and your health care provider about risk factors, safer sex methods and testing.
Test: Make an appointment for STD testing.
Treat: Treat the disease and avoid additional health problems.
For more information on STDs please see the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website: www.cdc.gov/std/general .
The Florida Department of Health's Bureau of STD Home Page - www.doh.state.fl.us/Disease_ctrl/std
The American Social Health Association also has information about STDs. Please visit ASHA's website: www.ashastd.org .