TEEN SERVICES and RESOURCES
Teen Services : Providing Confidential Services to Hernando's Teens
- Walk In Services ONLY
- FREE Pregnancy Tests
- Emergency Contraceptives
- Abstinence Counseling
- STD Counseling, Testing and Treatment
- HIV Counseling and Testing
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.
If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.
Instead contact our office by phone or in writing.
Please contact us with your questions by email at Health Department / Health Center (NOTE: EMAIL IS NOT CONFIDENTIAL).
- Every year 3 million teens – about 1 in 4 sexually active teens – get a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD).
- In the U.S., 3 out of every 4 reported cases of gonorrhea were among younger people ages 15 to 29 years. The highest rates of infection are found in 15-to 19 year old females and 20-to 24- year-old males.
- Chlamydia is so common that, by age 30, 50 percent of sexually active females have evidence that they have had chlamydia.
- Some studies show that up to 15 percent of sexually active teenage women are infected with the human papillomavirus (HPV), many with the type of HPV that is linked to cervical cancer.
- Once cured, STD's can be contracted again.
Web Links & Other Resources
Healthy Start is for pregnant women or new moms with risks that could cause problems for themselves or their babies. Health Start focuses on lengthy pregnancies, supportive environments, family health & safety, referrals and resources for mom and baby to age 3.
Health and Sexual Education
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation - Nutrition Information for teens.
- Teen Pregnancy - National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.
- Great to Wait - Abstinence education campaign designed to increase public awareness of sexual abstinence as the healthiest choice for youth.
- My Sistahs- Sex education site geared towards young minority women.
- Youth Resource- Information for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Youth
- Teen Village - The idea of TeenVillage is to give you a way to learn information about your life from a reliable source, without having to talk to an adult to get the information. Here at TeenVillage, we are all each others support group.
- We Make the Change - DOH sponsored website focused on minority and youth HIV prevention. Provides info on HIV hotline and testing sites.
- The Body - General website and resource for those dealing with HIV.
- Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network:
- National Domestic Violence Network: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- FL HIV/AIDS Hotline: 1-800-FLA-AIDS (352-2437)
- FL HIV/AIDS Spanish Hotline: 1-800-545-SIDA (7432)
- FL HIV/AIDS Creole Hotline:
top of page
Notice of Privacy Practices * Aviso de Prácticas de Privacidad * Privacy Statement * Disclaimer* Accessibility Information * Email Advisory