The Florida Department of Health in Lafayette County provides a range of Environmental Health Services. Our goal is to keep our environment safe for our community. We do this by offering the following services:
- Regulation, permitting and inspection of Septic tank systems
- Regulation and inspection of public swimming pools and public bathing places
- Regulation and inspection of group care facilities, migrant labor camps, recreational camps and parks, and mobile home parks
- Regulation and inspection of tanning salons and massage establishments
- Regulation and inspection of food hygiene service facilities in schools
- Investigate complaints of sanitary nuisances
- Investigate cases and outbreaks of food or waterborne diseases
- Investigate rabies incidents
Fees are charged for regulation, inspection and permitting services. See the complete list of charges for the Environmental Health department.
Some Environmental Health Services are only available on certain dates. For more information call 386-294-1321 or contact Mike Mitchell at 386-362-2708 extention 245.