Tobacco Free Levy
Florida Toll-Free Tobacco Quitline
Local Classes for Quitting Tobacco
Tobacco Free Florida
Suwannee River Area Health Education Center 1-866-341-2730
Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids
National Spit Tobacco Education Program
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 1-800-232-4636
American Lung Association1-800-586-4872
American Cancer Society 1-800-227-2345
Tobacco Free Partnership of Levy County
Quitting smoking is important for your health and provides many benefits. Soon after you quit, your circulation begins to improve, and your blood pressure returns to normal. Your sense of smell and taste return and breathing starts to become easier. In the long term, giving up tobacco can help you live longer. Your risk of developing cancer decreases with each year that you stay smoke-free. One resource available to anyone in Florida is the Toll-Free Tobacco Quitline (1-877-U-CAN-NOW):
- Toll-free telephone-based counseling for quitting tobacco (cigarettes or smokeless) available to adults and youth age 13 and up.
- Available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 363 days of the year.
- 5 pro-active counseling sessions by phone (8 for pregnant women).
- Education and assistance with nicotine replacement therapy such as gum, patches, and lozenges.
- Counseling and materials in English and Spanish; translation services for other languages, and TDD service for the hearing impaired.
- Any person living in Florida that is ready to make a quit attempt can use the Quitline.
- All services are free!
- Call 1-877-U-CAN-NOW (1-877-822-6669)
Quit Smoking Now Program for smoking/tobacco cessation: Presented by the Suwannee River Area Health Education Center (SRAHEC) and the Florida Department of Health in Levy County. The program includes the following:
- Free 6 week program, face-to-face support group style that teaches you how to quit using tobacco
- Education about Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)(patches, gum, lozenges, inhaler, etc.), coping with withdrawal, dealing with things that make you want to smoke (triggers), and staying smoke free
- Free carbon monoxide monitoring
- Free program materials and nicotine replacement therapy for program participants
- Convenient quarterly classes throughout Levy County
- To sign up for the next class call Toll-Free 1-866-341-2730 or visit SRAHEC for more information