Florida Department of Health in St. Johns County - Recipient of the 2011 Governor's Sterling Sustained Perfomance Excellence Award
Home/News | Contact Us | Florida Department of HealthNew Window | Locations
WIC: What to bring for a WIC Certification Appointment

-Return to WIC Main-

General Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm

Extended Hours
Mondays until 6pm

Monday through Friday
8:00am to 3:30pm
Telephone: (904) 825-5074

What do I need to bring to my WIC Certification Appointment?

Please bring the following documents and other information to your WIC Certification appointment:

  • Each family member who is applying to receive WIC services must come to the appointment.
  • Bring ONE form of identification for You and each infant or child applying for WIC . Forms of identification include a birth certificate, driver's license, military ID, photo ID, Social Security Card, or hospital records.
  • Proof of ALL income for everyone in the household (before taxes and deductions) must be provided OR Bring Proof of Medicaid, Temporary Cash Assistance, or Food Stamps
  • Provide proof of where you live (no P.O. boxes) the document must be current and show your name and address. Items that are allowed include a utility bill, bank/insurance statement, or driver's license. You must be currently living in Florida, but you don't have to be a U.S. citizen.
  • If available, bring the Social Security Card.
  • If available, bring Immunization Record for each infant and child applying for WIC services

For EACH woman, infant, and child applying for WIC you will also need the following items (If not available, our medical professional will be able to do this during your appointment):

  • A recent height and weight measurement (no older than 60 days)
  • Hemoglobin or hematocrit blood test results (not required for infants under 9 months of age)

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.

To file a complaint of discrimination, write U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (866) 632-9992 (voice) or (202) 260-1026 (local). TTY users can contact USDA through local relay or the Federal Relay at (800) 877-8339 (TTY) or (866)377-8642 (relay voice users). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Does our website meet your needs? Please take our Website Satisfaction SurveyNew Window

This page was last modified on: 05/19/2014 04:29:32