In cooperation with the St. Lucie County Jail, the HIV Department operates the Jail Link Program which has been in existence since 2001. The Jail Link program provides the following services to incarcerated males and females within the St. Lucie County Jail:
- HIV and STD Educational Classes
- HIV Counseling and Testing Services
- Post-test counseling services for individuals identified as HIV positive and those identified as having a sexually transmitted disease through HIV and STD testing.
- Partner Counseling and Referral Services
- Linkages to medical care for individuals identified as HIV positive and those identified as having a sexually transmitted disease.
Currently, the program averages more than 1,200 HIV & STD tests per year, further preventing the spread of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases into the community. Inmates become aware of their status and learn ways to curve their social and sexual behaviors to prevent the spread of their infection to other sexual partners.