The Family Planning Program offers a variety of modern methods of
birth control as well as pregnancy testing and appropriate referrals. Each participant
requesting birth control receives
- Extensive counseling
- Initial and annual physical examination(s)
- HIV risk assessment and counseling (confidential or anonymous testing is available, if desired)
- Urinalysis and testing for anemia
- Testing for Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Cervical Cancer Screening
Tubal Ligations and vasectomies are available to financially and medically qualified clients (21 years or older) who request permanent sterilization.
Members of the Family Planning team provide community presentations to raise public awareness of Family Planning services offered in the clinic. They also speak to adolescent and teen groups about self-awareness and abstinence.