The Florida Department of Health in Santa Rosa County (FDOH-SRC) has been part of the state and national public health system since 1944. Past public health efforts have wiped out or brought under control such deadly diseases as polio, malaria, yellow fever, and smallpox.
Public Health Services in Florida are intended to protect and promote the health of all citizens and visitors to Florida.
To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation
I nnovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
C ollaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
A ccountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
R esponsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
E xcellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous perfor-mance improvement.
10 Essential Public Health Services
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.