It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
COVID-19 and HIV: Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I learn about COVID-19 in Florida?
Florida Health’s COVID-19 Response page includes:
- A dashboard with up-to-date local, statewide, national, and international case information.
- Information on COVID-19 symptoms and what to do if you suspect you’re sick.
- Tips for social distancing and staying healthy.
How can I get tested for HIV while social distancing?
Visit KnowYourHIVStatus.com to order a free at-home test kit. You can also find information about testing providers in your area. Be sure to call providers in advance to find out if they're open and learn about their COVID-19 safety procedures.
I have HIV – do I need to take additional precautions against COVID-19?
What we know about COVID-19, including how it affects people with specific conditions, changes rapidly.
Florida Health has created a factsheet about COVID-19 and HIV.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a great source for the most current information about protecting yourself against COVID-19.
AIDSinfo, which provides federal guidance on HIV, recently published Interim Guidance for COVID-19 and Persons with HIV.
I have HIV and am dealing with financial hardship – what can I do?
Help is out there! Check out these resources:
- The AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) provides medication assistance for eligible persons.
- Ryan White Part B provides health care assistance for eligible persons.
- The Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) program provides housing assistance for eligible persons.
I don't have recent test results – can I sill apply for ADAP?
Yes! Per Florida Department of Health Emergency Order 20-006, some of the testing requirements for ADAP are suspended. Specifically, you do not need viral load results under 6 months old or HIV CD4 results under 12 months old. This will be the case until the governor's executive order declaring a state of emergency in Florida expires.
Can I apply for patient care services (housing assistance, medication assistance, etc.) remotely?
Yes! Please visit our patient care eligibility page for information on applying or recertifying online.