It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Guidance for meeting the service needs of our current ADAP, AICP and Ryan White Part B clients
December 20, 2013(Effective Date)
The Department of Health HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis Section is providing this update to remind clients of the services available through the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), the AIDS Insurance Continuation Program (AICP) and Ryan White Part B.
Until further notice:
- Florida ADAP will continue to provide medications to eligible clients and Ryan White Part B will continue to pay for medical care and support services.
- Current AICP clients will continue to receive assistance with their current plan, a renewal of their current plan, or a non-Marketplace Plan.
- Individuals who were on AICP and lost their coverage can access the ADAP program for their medications. For assistance with medical care, we are asking the lead agencies to review their Outpatient Ambulatory Medical Care line item and assist these eligible clients by providing full payment to their current provider for medical appointments.
- AICP will continue to provide premium, co-pay and deductible assistance to new applicants with non-Marketplace plans.
- New eligible applicants seeking Marketplace coverage assistance can be enrolled in ADAP for medications and in Ryan White Patient Care for medical and support services.
We are continuing to work with our community partners and will keep you updated as we move forward. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call our office at (850) 245-4335 and speak with a member of our patient care staff. Please be assured that the Department of Health HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis Section is committed to providing ongoing access to HIV/AIDS care and treatment services.