It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
For general questions regarding the registry:
Public Health Research Unit
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin A-24
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1720
To report cancer cases, please
visit the Florida Cancer Data
System (FCDS) website at:
AVAILABILITY OF CANCER REGISTRY DATA
- FCDS data are utilized in a variety of ways:
- To monitor the occurrence of cancer
- To inform health professionals and to educate citizens regarding specific cancer risks
- To answer public questions and concerns about cancer in their communities
- To focus cancer control initiatives and activities
- To develop health services and screening programs
- To serve as a data source for cancer research studies and trials on cancer etiology, cancer prevention and intervention, and quality of life of cancer patients and survivors.
FOR PUBLIC USE
Interactive Data Query available at: http://fcds.med.miami.edu/inc/statistics.shtml to obtain cancer statistics (i.e. the incidence rate) based on the selection of the cancer site, diagnosis year, state or county, gender, and race.
A Public Use File is available upon request and provides cancer data, stripped of identifying information and anonymized for certain specific rare cancers.
- Variables in the Public Use File
- Public Use File Agreement Form
FOR RESEARCH USE
Data Extraction and Data Analysis Requests (Statistical and Tabular Data)
Cancer registry staff is available to assist on statistical analyses of data. Because each request is unique, cancer registry staff will discuss the project with the requestor to verify the type of data required and determine the feasibility of fulfilling the request (availability of data, timeframe for fulfillment of the data request, etc.). Based on this information, an estimate of the cost is provided for the statistical analysis and programming conducted by the cancer registry staff.
For research studies/projects requiring confidential data from the FCDS to conduct research for clinical trials, follow-up studies, etc., data can be obtained upon review and approval from the Department of Health.
The documents above are in portable document format (pdf) and require a viewer such as Adobe Reader. To download the free Adobe Reader click here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/.