Frequently Asked Questions - Body Piercing
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.
- What is the state of Florida's definition of a "body piercing"? Section 381.0075, Florida Statutes, defines body piercing as: for commercial purposes the act of penetrating the skin to make, generally permanent in nature, a hole, mark, or scar.
- What is the state of Florida’s definition of “operator”? Section 381.0075, Florida Statutes, defines an operator as: an individual designated by a licensee to control the operation of an establishment [body piercing salon].
- Where can I get body piercing training? Scheduled training and contact information may be found at the following link: Body Piercing Training.The Department may not be aware of all upcoming trainings, so it is recommended that you contact the providers individually to see if they have a training scheduled.
- How much does the Body Piercing Salon permit cost? The state fee is $150, but there may be additional county fees. Call your local County Health Department having jurisdiction of the body piercing program to learn if there are any additional fees. Body Piercing Program Page
- How do I apply for a Body Piercing Salon permit? Complete the application (20.2kb); send application with fee to your local County Health Department.
- What other forms do I need for my body piercing salon?
- What is the Body Piercing Rule? Chapter 64E-19, Florida Administrative Code, Body Piercing, which may be accessed at the following link: Ch. 64E-19, Florida Administrative Code (47.1kb)