It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
- Program Transfer
- FAQ - Permitting
- Technical Review and Advisory Panel (TRAP)
- Rule Promulgation
- Report Unlawful Septic Contracting
- Septic Tank Contractor Enforcements
- Septic Tank Contractors
- Florida Water Management Inventory Project
- OSTDS Statistics
- Staff Directory
- Information for Septic System Owners and Buyers
About the Research Program
The Florida Department of Health has an ongoing onsite sewage research program with a goal of providing reliable, cost-effective systems that most effectively protect public health and the environment. State dollars in the research fund are often used as leverage to obtain outside grants. In addition, the Legislature has provided funding for special projects, such as the Nitrogen Reduction Strategies Study.Note: This section contains some materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF) and are less than 4 mb unless indicated. The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.
- Overview: Watch an online learning session, providing a brief overview of the research program (Breeze format, opens in new window). view a transcript (pdf)
- Statutory Language (pdf): Read the statutory language guiding the research program.
Research Priorities (pdf): Read about our current research priorities.
- Onsite Sewage Research Projects: See information on current research.
- Research Review and Advisory Committee: Find out about upcoming and past meetings.
- Research Reports: View our completed research reports.