Inaugural Online Summer Camp: July 27, 2014–August 2, 2014
July 30, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 30, 2014
Contact: Communications Office
JULY 27, 2014 –AUGUST 2, 2014
TALLAHASSEE—This week the Florida Department of Health is hosting the first "Florida Health Online Summer Camp." This free virtual summer camp experience on the Department’s Facebook and Twitter accounts is taking place July 27–August 2, 2014. Please use #FLHealthCamp to search for posts on Facebook and Twitter. The camp features a variety of health topics while encouraging young Floridians to choose healthy habits, engage in their community and achieve their healthiest weight.
Individuals taking part in the Department’s free online summer camp will learn how to:
- Select events that will encourage physical activity
- Choose healthy and delicious meals and snacks
- Protect against mosquitos and other disease carriers
- Plant a garden
- Engage in their community
- Practice first aid, sun safety, water safety and heat safety
- Plan for emergencies
- Explore the great Florida outdoors
- Consider a public health career and learn more about the Disease Detective Camp sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The Florida Health Online Summer Camp is one of many items featured on the Department’s social media accounts this year. Please visit us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Flickr to access the Department’s most recent social media topics, videos and information.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.