60 day challenge
January 03, 2017
Experts say it takes about 60 days to form a new habit. Watch the department’s video public service announcement for more information on the “60 Days to Better Health Challenge” and then download this tool to help you guide and measure your progress.
The “60 Days to Better Health Challenge” tool recommends these resolutions for a healthy new year:
- Eat your colors.MyPlate illustrates the five food groups that are the building blocks for a healthy diet. Before you eat, think about what goes on your plate.
- Drink 8oz of water 8 times a day. Water is your body's principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water.
- Engage in 60 minutes of physical activity each day. Regular physical activity helps improve your overall health and fitness, and reduces your risk for many chronic diseases.
- Work on quitting tobacco.Tobacco Free Florida offers a number of free and convenient resources to help tobacco users quit. The Florida Quitline and Web Coach® are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- De-stress. Using healthy ways to cope with stress and getting the right care can put problems in perspective and help stressful feelings and symptoms subside.
Watch the department’s video public service announcement for more information on the “60 Days to Better Health Challenge” and then download this tool to help you measure your progress.