It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Five Important Reasons to Vaccinate Your Child
April 26, 2017
Vaccination is one of the best ways parents can protect infants, children and teens from 16 potentially harmful diseases. There are five important reasons to vaccinate your child:
- Immunizations can save your child's life.
- Vaccination is very safe and effective.
- Immunization protects others you care about.
- Immunizations can save your family time and money.
- Immunization protects future generations.
The Department uses several tools to promote vaccinations for all residents including:
- Florida SHOTS (State Health Online Tracking System) - A free, statewide, centralized online immunization registry that helps health care providers and schools keep track of immunization records to ensure children stay up-to-date.
- VFC (Florida Vaccines for Children Program) - A program that provides vaccines to children 0 through 18 years of age who meet program eligibility at no cost to the parent/guardian. It supports the Immunization Section's commitment to vaccinate all children.
- Locate a Flu Shot - This resource provides contact information on where to schedule your flu vaccine, including county health departments located in each of Florida’s 67 counties.