Increase Immunization Rates in Children
Low immunization rates leave children and communities vulnerable to some serious and life-threatening diseases. The following strategies are proven actions private and public providers can undertake to increase immunization rates in children:
- Administer the birth dose of hepatitis B vaccine to all infants.
- Be "4" Sure. Give the 4th DTaP on time.
- Check every child's immunization status at every visit and give all needed immunizations simultaneously.
- Educate your patients about common misconceptions about vaccination.
- Follow only true contraindications.
- Follow the Minimum Interval Catch-up Immunization Schedule for children who start late or fall behind.
- Immunize on-time, every-time.