It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
- Waive congregate feeding requirements for all CCFP institutions in good standing with the Department
- Waive enrichment activity requirements for Afterschool Meals Programs (AMP) implementing non-congregate meal service
- Waive attendance recording requirements for AMPs implementing non-congregate meal service
- Waive meal pattern requirements on a case-by-case basis for CCFP institutions experiencing a disruption to the food supply as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Waive or extend deadlines for pre-approval visits, reviews of new facilities, and reviews of existing facilities. Allow sponsors to temporarily conduct desk reviews of facilities’ paperwork.
- Extend claiming deadlines to 90 days from the last day of the claim month
- Allow for-profit child care centers to use free/reduced/non-needy enrollment numbers from December 2019 or January 2020 claim for reimbursement, whichever is more recent, for all claims filed during the timeframe in which non-congregate meals are served.
- Allow all CCFP contractor types the ability to serve and claim for reimbursement 3 meal types (Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper) per child per day
- Waive the area eligibility requirement that Afterschool Meals Program (AMP) sites must be located in the attendance area of a school in which at least 50 percent of the enrolled children are certified eligible for free or reduced-price school meals and allow new AMP sites be deemed area eligible if the site is located in the attendance area of a school in which at least 25 percent of the enrolled children are certified eligible for free or reduced-price school meals
For more information regarding this requested waiver, please click on this link Florida CCFP Waiver Request or contact the CCFP office at 850-245-4323.
For information about the USDA National waivers, click here USDA COVID-19 National Waivers