Active Bystander Training
Contact the Bureau of Preparedness and Response
Florida Department of Health
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin A23
Tallahassee, FL 32399
- Respond to a manmade disaster, natural disaster, or any other life-threatening emergency.
- Provide basic initial care and other assistance to supervisors prior to the arrival of uniformed emergency responders. This includes learning how to help someone who is:
- has a blocked airway;
- not breathing;
- has a burn;
- has hyperthermia;
- is drowning.
- Offer support and comfort to individuals harmed by the emergency.
- Convey information and collaborate with emergency responders.
- Identify additional training, tools and other resources to enhance their response skills.
Please use the link below to view a list of participating local MRC Units for course scheduling and to sign up for this training:
Contact the Florida Medical Reserve Corps State Coordinator at BPRCHDPreparedness@flhealth.gov