About Minority Health and Health Equity
The Florida Department of Health's Mission
To protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.
Department of Health Vision
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation.
Department of Health Values
Innovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
Collaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
Accountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
Responsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
Excellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.
The History of the Office Of Minority Health and Health Equity (OMHHE)
- 1993 Florida's Minority Health Improvement Act authorized the Minority Health Commission.
- 1995 The Commission was sunset.
- 1998 The Department of Health established the Office of Equal Opportunity and Minority Health.
- 2004 The Florida Legislature established the Office of Minority Health within the Department of Health, Section 20.43 (9) Florida Statute.
- 2016 The Florida Legislature re-named the office to the Office of Minority Health and Health Equity, Section 20.43(9) Florida Statute.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to the e-mail address listed below.
You may contact the Office of Minority Health and Health Equity by email at MinorityHealthHealthEquity@flhealth.gov or by calling (850) 245-4941. Our fax number is (850) 245-4124.