It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Contact the Maternal and Child Health Section
Maternal and Child Health Section
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin A13
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1721
Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Documents
These publications provide information about goals and objectives, guidelines, and data about the activities that improve the health of mothers and babies in Florida.
- Short Birth Intervals: Associated Maternal Factors and Subsequent Risk of Adverse Birth Outcomes - [pdf; 97kb]
This paper analyzes the characteristics of women who have short birth intervals and also analyzes birth outcomes in relation to short birth intervals.
- Validity of Medicaid Enrollment at Delivery and WIC Prenatal Participation on the Revised Florida Birth Certificate and the Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, 2004-2005 [pdf; 29.64kb]
- Prenatal WIC Participation and the Effect on Gestational Weight Gain and Low Birth Weight among Florida's Medicaid Population [pdf; 64.93kb]
- Pregnancy-Related Mortality Associated with Obesity in Florida 1999 Through 2002 May 17, 2005 - [pdf; 33kb]
- Survey of MCH Needs - Final Report - [pdf; 587kb]
As part of the statewide five-year needs assessment conducted for the 2006 fiscal year MCH Block Grant application, the Department of Health contracted with Florida State University to conduct a survey of MCH clients/consumers, providers, and key informants. This report details the results of mail and Web-based surveys conducted in 2005.
For additional information on Florida's Pregnancy-Associated Mortality Review and related publications, visit: http://www.floridahealth.gov/statistics-and-data/PAMR/index.html
For additional infomration on Infant Mortality in Florida and related publications visit: http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/infant-mortality-and-adverse-birth-outcomes/data/index.html
To download the file to your computer, right-click on the file and select "Save Target As ...". The files are large and may take a while to display or download depending on the speed of your Internet connection.