It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Save the Date
June 7-8, 2018
Hosted by the Florida Department of Health in the Florida Hospital Creation Conference Center (601 E. Rollins Street, Orlando)
Learn About Findings from Grantees of the Florida Department of Health's Ed and Ethel Moore Alzheimer's Disease Research Program:
- New therapies for increasing quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Clinical trials for people with Alzheimer’s disease and early findings.
- Basic science advances for understanding the disease.
- Discoveries identified through Florida’s research networks for preserving brain health and delaying the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Studies that assist in determining disease conditions, targets for preventive healthcare and risk factors for disease.
Two Tracks Will be Featured:
- Day one, designed for clinicians and researchers, will focus on the trailblazing research funded by the Ed and Ethel Moore Alzheimer’s Disease Research Program, and will foster collaboration and information sharing among research investigators. Current information and resources pertaining to Alzheimer’s disease prevention, care and planning will also be highlighted.
- Day two, designed for caregivers and the general public, will focus on addressing cognitive decline, resources, clinical trials and caregiving. An open question and answer period is planned for day two to provide general information on Alzheimer’s disease.