- Zika Research Grant Initiative
- Florida’s System for Cancer Research and Collaboration
- Research on Cancer and Tobacco-related Diseases
- Research on Alzheimer’s Disease
- Funding Opportunity Announcements
- List of Active Research Projects
- Cancer Center of Excellence Designation
- Human Research Protection Program and Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Submit IRB Applications
- Information for Research Participants
- Research Excellence Initiative
- Florida Health Grand Rounds
Zika Research Grant Initiative
Zika Research Grant Awards
Update on the Availability of Zika Virus RNA Samples
Earlier in the funding cycle the Department received a question regarding the availability of samples collected by the Florida Department of Health. The original answer is copied below. The highlighted portion contains an update regarding the availability of Zika virus RNA.
Will researchers have access to samples obtained in the Florida Department of Health Zika surveillance activities? The Department is looking into the mechanism to make samples collected during our investigation and surveillance activities available to researchers (e.g., consent). At the moment, the Department is not making biological specimens or patient information available for research and will not be recruiting or enrolling study participants. We have developed a letter for mailing to individuals who test positive for Zika virus infection. The letter includes contact information for research studies in which they can participate. In the future, if you would like your study and contact information to be included in this letter, you will need to send the Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of the IRB approval from your institution, a brief description of your study, and answer the following questions: What do you need from study participants? Whom should the patient contact?
UPDATE: The Florida Department of Health (department) will provide Florida researchers, upon request and department IRB approval, with Zika virus RNA as resources permit.
Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA)
- Announcement of Amendment #2 to the FY 2016-2017 Zika Research Grant Initiative Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA)
- Announcement of Amendment to the FY 2016-2017 Zika Research Grant Initiative Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA)
The deadline to submit programmatic questions regarding the Zika Research Grant Initiative has been extended to November 9, 2016. We will post answers to questions to the Initiative website http://www.floridahealth.gov/provider-and-partner-resources/research/zika-research.html) by November 10, 2016. Please submit questions in writing to Research@flhealth.gov by 5:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, November 9, 2016.
Gov. Scott Authorizes $25 Million in State Funds for Zika Virus Vaccine Research and Development
Biomedical Research Advisory Council Meeting to Determine Funding Opportunity Announcement for Zika Virus Research Grants
October 12, 2016, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Conference Call
Conference Call Line: 1-888-670-3525
Participation Code: 5311418626
Conference Call Recording
Current USG Investments in Zika Virus Medical Countermeasures (PowerPoint)