It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
COVID-19 and HIV
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee, FL 32399
¿Dónde puedo encontrar información sobre el COVID-19 en español?
Los Institutos Nacionales de la Salud han compilado varios recursos relacionados con el COVID-19 en español. Visite su página de temas de salud sobre el COVID-19 para obtener información sobre pruebas, tratamiento, vacunas y más.
Where can I find COVID-19 information in languages other than English?
Please see above for information in Spanish. There are also many great national COVID-19 resources available in multiple languages:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration offer multilingual resources.
- The Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health compiled a resource list for Medicare providers.
- The CDC also created a multilingual communication toolkit to help folks get the word out about COVID-19.
Where can I learn about COVID-19 in Florida?
Florida Health’s COVID-19 Response page includes:
- The latest information about COVID-19 prevention and treatment in Florida.
- Information on COVID-19 symptoms and what to do if you suspect you’re sick.
- Florida COVID-19 data.
How can I get tested for HIV while social distancing?
Visit KnowYourHIVStatus.com to order a free at-home test kit. You can also find information about testing providers in your area.
I have HIV – do I need to take additional precautions against COVID-19?
Florida Health has created a factsheet about COVID-19 and HIV.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a great source for the most current information about protecting yourself against COVID-19.
The Department of Health and Human Services has published Guidance for COVID-19 and People with HIV.
I have HIV and am dealing with financial hardship – what can I do?
Help is out there! Check out these resources:
- The AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) provides medication assistance for eligible persons.
- Ryan White Part B provides health care assistance for eligible persons.
- The Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) program provides housing assistance for eligible persons.
Can I apply for patient care services (housing assistance, medication assistance, etc.) remotely?
Yes! Please visit our patient care eligibility page for information on applying or recertifying online.
Connect with DOH