It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
MEDIA ADVISORY: Surgical Health Care Quality Forum
January 17, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 17, 2013
Contact: Communications Office
TALLAHASSEE—State Surgeon General and Secretary of Health Dr. John Armstrong will participate in the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Surgical Health Care Quality Forum Florida, a panel discussion to highlight the importance of physician-led quality improvement initiatives that help reduce costs and improve patient outcomes throughout Florida and across the nation.
Who: Panelists include:
- John H. Armstrong, MD, FACS, Surgeon General and Secretary of Health, Florida Department of Health
- Vincent A. DeGennaro, MD, FACS, President, Florida Medical Association; Chief of Staff, Assistant Chief, Surgical Services, Miami VA Healthcare System; Affiliated Associate Professor of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Jonathan B. Gavras, MD, FCCP, Senior Vice President, Delivery System, Chief Medical Officer, Florida Blue
- David B. Hoyt, MD, FACS, Executive Director, American College of Surgeons
- Michael S. Nussbaum, MD, FACS, Methodist Medical Center Professor and Chair, Department of Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine—Jacksonville
- Bruce Rueben, President, Florida Hospital Association
When: Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013
10 AM–12 PM
Where: Rollins College—Crummer Hall
SunTrust Auditorium 1000 Holt Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789
Parking is available at the SunTrust Parking Garage, at the corner of Park Ave. and Lyman Ave. Participants will receive a parking voucher upon arrival at SunTrust Auditorium.
To RSVP for the forum, please visit http://inspiringquality.facs.org/national-tour/florida/.
The Department of Health's mission is to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.