It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Suspension and Restriction Orders—February 2013
March 05, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 5, 2013
Contact: Communications Office
~ Division of Medical Quality Assurance issues 24 ESO/EROs in the past 30 days ~
TALLAHASSEE—The Florida Department of Health (DOH) has issued 24 Emergency Suspension Orders (ESOs) and Emergency Restriction Orders (EROs) for serious violations relating to the commission of crimes, standard of care, drug use, or student loan defaults.
- James Cocores, Medical Doctor, Boca Raton
- Dora Maher, Registered Nurse, Tallahassee
- William Fowler, Registered Nurse, Tampa
- Sara Palmer, Registered Nurse, Tampa
- Karen Vance, Registered Nurse, Riverview
- Catherine Jensen, Registered Nurse, Orlando
- Allen Johnson, Registered Nurse, Miramar
- Linda Disbrow, Registered Nurse, Pinellas Park
- Jeanette Whittlesey, Licensed Practical Nurse, Merritt Island
- Holly Prescott, Licensed Practical Nurse, Cairo, GA
- Daniel McIntire, Osteopathic Physician, Crystal River
- Wayne White, Pharmacist, Miami
- Nelcia Salmon, Pharmacist, Plantation
- Christopher Switlyk, Pharmacist, Tampa
- Ihab Barsoum, Pharmacist, Tampa
- Stephen Logsdon, Pharmacist, Melbourne
- Weight and Wellness Inc., Pharmacy, Plantation
- NW Pharmacy, Pharmacy, Miami
- Lamonte Hambrick, Registered Pharmacy Technician, Tampa
- Ryan Rodriguez, Registered Pharmacy Technician, Jacksonville
- Alene Thomas, Registered Pharmacy Technician, Macclenny
- Kathryn Gordon, Certified Nursing Assistant, Tampa
- Roniequea Sallie, Certified Nursing Assistant, Brooksville
- Katrina Hamlin, Certified Nursing Assistant, Tallahassee
To view the most recent ESOs, EROs, Final Orders and Administrative Complaints, please visit https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/FinalOrderNet/default.aspx. For other information on Medical Quality Assurance, including information about enforcement terms or definitions, boards and councils, or the heath care practitioner licensing process, visit https://www.floridahealth.gov/_documents/media-resources/healthcare-licensing/index.html.
Emergency suspension or restriction orders are not considered final agency action, but are imposed as specified by section 456.074, Florida Statutes. The individual is entitled to a hearing before final action is taken by a regulatory board or by DOH.
The Department works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.