It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Fight Mosquitos with these Simple Tips
March 13, 2017
Fight Mosquitoes With These Simple Tips
Tallahassee, Fla. - Preventing mosquito bites not only enhances your enjoyment of outdoor activities, but can also protect you from exposure to Zika and all mosquito-borne illnesses. The Florida Department of Health reminds Floridians and visitors to protect yourself and your family with these simple tips outlined in the Mosquito Bite Protection in Florida information video and brochure. Alternate version of video: Spanish and Creole.
(Transcript) Mosquito Bite Protection in Florida information video:
- Mosquitoes will bite, day and night, so protect yourself with these tips:
- Keep mosquitos outside by shutting doors and covering windows with screens.
- Use-EPA approved insect repellants anytime you’re outdoors.
- Cover your skin with long sleeves and pants.
- Mosquitoes lay their eggs in water; just a bottle cap of water is all they need.
- So drain, refresh, or cover anything around buildings that can hold water, at least weekly, and put away outside items that aren’t being used.
A message from the Florida Department of Health.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.