It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
- About the Immunization Section
- Locating Vaccination Records
- Florida Vaccines for Adults Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- iPhone Mobile Apps
- Contact Us
- Join the Mailing List—Immunization Section
- Flu Prevention
- Yellow Fever Vaccine Provider
- County Immunization Profiles
- Provider Information for COVID-19 Vaccine
The Florida Department of Health continually monitors vaccine safety concerns. The Department reviews vaccine research in order to promote elimination of vaccine-preventable diseases without compromising the health and safety of children and adults.
It is important to note that, to date, there is NO scientific evidence that vaccines cause:
- Juvenile diabetes
- Multiple sclerosis
- Sudden infant death syndrome
Measles-Mumps-Rubella Vaccine and Autism
The question about a possible link between measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism has been extensively reviewed by independent groups of experts in the U.S. including the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. These reviews have concluded that the available epidemiological evidence does not support a causal link between MMR vaccine and autism. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recognize there is considerable public interest in this issue, and therefore support additional research regarding this hypothesis.
Our Commitment to Safety
The Department, along with the CDC, is committed to maintaining the safest, most effective vaccine supply possible. The following websites offer updated information on vaccine safety issues.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Autism Information Center
- Concerns about Autism
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome and Menactra Meningococcal Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine and Multiple Sclerosis
- Syncope after Vaccination
- Vaccine Safety
Immunization Action Coalition
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia