It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Physician Workforce Development
Physician workforce planning is essential to ensuring an adequate and appropriate supply of well-trained physicians to meet Florida's future health care needs. The Department collects information on Florida's physician workforce from a survey incorporated into the medical license-renewal process. The survey data results, along with guidance from the Physician Workforce Advisory Council, support the production of the Physician Workforce Annual Report. The annual report details the distribution and composition of Florida's physician workforce and serves to guide strategies that prepare the state for future health care delivery with a diverse, well-trained, and geographically distributed workforce. The Advisory Council, composed of various stakeholders throughout the medical community, serves as a coordinating and strategic planning body to assess the state's physician workforce needs. Initiatives include policy development that improves graduate medical education and physician training, retention, distribution, and diversity.
Physician Workforce Annual Reports
Physician Workforce Advisory Council
- Council Membership
- Section 381.4018, Florida Statutes - Physician Workforce Assessment and Development
- Presentation on Public Records Law
- Additional Council Resources and Information
- Graduate Medical Education and Residency Program Initiatives
- Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) Graduate Medical Education (GME)
- Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) Graduate Medical Education (Related Documents)
Florida Department of Health
State Primary Care Office
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin C-15
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1701