- National Minority Health Month
- DOH Names Director for Division of Disease Control and Health Protection
- Department Urges Caution to Avoid Reported Medical Marijuana Scams
- Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Connects Wic Participants With No-cost Fresh, Locally Grown Florida Produce
- DCF, DOH, FDLE to Hold Workshops on Opioid Use
- Planting Pinwheels to Raise Awareness for Child Abuse Prevention Month 2017
This week marks National Infant Immunization Week and the Florida Department of Health is raising awareness for the continued need for childhood immunizations. This observance calls attention to the importance of safeguarding Florida's children through up-to-date immunizations.Full Story
State Surgeon General Teaches Children about Mosquito Bite Prevention
Florida Health celebrated Children’s Week by participating in Storybook Village, a series of interactive storytelling booths.
As part of the activities, State Surgeon General Dr. Celeste Philip read the “Be a hero…Spill the water!” book to a group of children in the Florida State Capitol Courtyard.
“Be a hero…Spill the water!” is a book for children that illustrates the importance of practicing basic mosquito bite prevention while also promoting reading.
An electronic version of can be viewed here.
Download 2015-16 Florida Health "year in review"
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals
Order Your Certificates
Order Online Now