It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
What to bring to the WIC certification visit
Contact the Florida WIC Program
Bureau of WIC Program Services
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin A16
Tallahassee FL 32399
- Bring EACH family member who is applying to receive WIC services.
- Bring proof of ALL income for everyone in the household (before taxes and deductions are taken out). Income includes such things as: salaries, child support and alimony, foster care payments, interest withdrawn, unemployment compensation, and military earnings; proof of income must be all income for the last 30 days. Electronic versions are acceptable for bank statement, paycheck/stub, and unemployment benefits. Note: photos of documents are not acceptable electronic documentation. If paid weekly, bring 4 pay stubs; if paid monthly, bring one pay stub; if paid every two weeks or biweekly, bring 2 pay stubs; OR, if you receive Medicaid, Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), or Food Assistance, you are income eligible for WIC. (If you do not receive Medicaid or TCA, but other members of your household receive these benefits, you may be income-eligible for WIC.) WIC staff can verify your enrollment in these programs. However, it is helpful to bring the current “Notice of Case Action” letter, which is proof of eligibility for one or more of these programs.
- Bring ONE proof of where you live (no P.O. boxes). The document must be current and show your name and address. Items that are allowed include a utility bill, bank/insurance statement, or driver’s license. You must be currently living in Florida, but you don’t have to be a U.S. citizen. Electronic versions are acceptable for utility bill, unemployment benefits, bank statement, and paycheck/stub. Note: photos of documents are not acceptable electronic documentation.
- Bring ONE proof of identification for you and ONE proof of identification for any infant or child applying for WIC, such as a birth certificate, driver’s license, crib card, military ID, photo ID, Social Security Card, or hospital record. Electronic versions are acceptable for pay check/pay stub and unemployment benefits.
- If your doctor has completed the WIC Medical Referral Form, bring this form to your appointment.
- Bring the Social Security Number for each person applying for WIC, if available.
- Bring the immunization (shot) record for each child, if available.