It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Florida Reimbursement Assistance for Medical Education Program (FRAME)
The FRAME program encourages qualified medical professionals to practice in underserved locations of the state by providing annual payments intended to offset the loans and educational expenses incurred by students for studies leading to a medical or nursing degree, medical or nursing licensure or advanced practice registered nurse licensure or physician assistant licensure.
- Up to $20,000 per year for physicians
- Up to $15,000 per year for advanced practice registered nurses practicing under section 464.0123, Florida Statutes
- Up to $10,000 per year for advanced practice registered nurses and physician assistants
- Up to $4,000 per year for licensed practical nurses and registered nurses
All payments are contingent on continued proof of primary care practice in an area defined in section 395.602(2)(b), Florida Statutes, or an underserved area designated by the Department, provided the practitioner accepts Medicaid reimbursement if eligible for such reimbursement.
Eligibile Health Care Provider Types
- Medical doctors with primary care specialties
- Doctors of osteopathic medicine with primary care specialties
- Physician assistants
- Advanced practice registered nurses (APRN) with primary care specialties such as certified nurse-midwives
- APRNs registered to engage in autonomous practice under section 464.0123, Florida Statutes
- Licensed practical nurses and registered nurses
- Section 1009.65, Florida Statutes, provides the Department with the authority to administer the FRAME program, subject to appropriations.
- Section 395.602, Florida Statutes, provides the Department of Health (Department) with the intended use of funds guidance associated with the FRAME program, subject to appropriations.